Monday, January 1, 2007

Latest Movies

So, over the past couple of weeks, during our recent Colorado snow storms, we have been watching lots of movies. We hit upon an activist streak with the following titles, and, I have to admit, I'm pretty blown away by what I've seen...
  • An Inconvenient Truth -- I don't think that I need to re-review this one. It's good and worth watching.
  • The End of Suburbia -- Fortunately, the last quarter of the film has some hope mixed into it, because the first three quarters pretty much scared the hell out of me. Oil companies buying up mass transportation and destroying it; the instability of a world dependent on oil-- both before the oil runs out and certainly after; the general short-sighted destructive nature of the suburban way of life...
  • Who Killed the Electric Car? -- A recap of the brief lifespan of California's electric car experiment and its abrupt termination at the hands of California's government, the automobile industry, and an uninformed public, to name a few.
I'm going to go rethink my opinions on conspiracy theorists.

No comments: